Faye Ku – Arrested Parental Kidnapper
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has announced that the search for Sage Cook, 15 and Isaac Cook, 9 has ended. Authorities located them in safe condition in Mexico’s Sinaloa state. They were returned to their custodial father and stepmother of Bellevue, Washington. The parents were “reunified” with the children in Mexico.
Wikpedia: Sinaloa, Mexico
The felony warrant for custodial interference was issued by King County Superior Court in the state of Washington on September 3, 2015 for Faye Hsin-I Ku, 41 years of age. A federal arrest warrant was issued on January 19, 2016 by the United States District Court, Western District of Washington, after Faye Ku was charged with international parental kidnapping. An additional federal complaint and arrest warrant was issued on February 12, 2016 by the United States District Court, Central District of California.
Investigators believed Faye Ku crossed the border illegally from San Diego to Tijuana with the three children on August 29, 2016. The FBI’s legal Attache office in Mexico City pursued a series of leads to identify the location and passed information to Mexican officials, who took prompt action, assuring the safety of the children.
The FBI’s Seattle Division and Legat Mexico City coordinated the deportation of Faye Ku was the Mexican Authorities. The National Institute of Migration (INM) officers accompanied Ku to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) where she was taken into federal custody. She is expected to appear in U.S. District Court on February 16 2016 in Los Angeles.
There were a number of law enforcement organizations involved in the recovery of the Cook boys. The law enforcement resources and legal costs in these cases is usually hundreds of thousands of dollars. Here is the list from the FBI’s press release.
“This six-month international kidnapping investigation by the FBI’s Seattle Division comes to a positive conclusion due to the efforts made by and extraordinary partnerships with Legat Mexico City, INM, the FBI’s Los Angeles Division. The FBI’s Seattle Division also worked closely with the Bellevue Police Department and the Lakewood Station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department—who both initiated the investigation—and with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Western District of Washington, and the King County Prosecutor’s Office, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Central District of California.”
[Read More from the FBI’s Press Release]
- On behalf of the Family Abduction Community, I want to express our happiness for the recovering family. Their persistence and willingness to work with the media in their search to find their children is commendable.
- With so many different domestic and international jurisdictions involved, law enforcement deserves credit for working together to swiftly and decisively recover these children. In so many other cases, they allow the abducting parent to fight extradition and the kidnapped children end up in foster care. They simply observed the custody order of the custodial parents and allowed the recovering family to be rightfully reunified with their children.
- The Global Media including Newsweek (Max Kutner), the Seattle Post Intelligence (Levi Pulkkinen), the Los Angeles Times (Hailey Branson-Potts) responsibly ran stories to assist the FBI and this family in the recovery of these children.
- There is no information yet on what assistance Faye Ku received, to hide in Sinaloa State of Mexico. We hope law enforcement like in the Sandra Rucki Case will also charge any third party co-conspirators.
- Safe Kids International, the organization run by non-custodial mother Cindy Dumas who also kidnapped her children wrote on September 5, 2015 “If You See Them Do NOT Contact Authorities!” She asks her 10K followers to help them. She believes it is impossible to “abduct” or kidnap a 14-year old. The fact of the matter is in Teenager Family Abduction Cases, no one really knows what this mother told her child to keep him from contacting his dad and step mom, his friends and his grandparents. As we’ve seen in other cases, the emotional abuse inflicted by this protective mom on her son is horrific. We would hope that law enforcement monitors the activity of Cindy Dumas and her supporters.
- Another agenda of the Protective Parent Movement is against joint custody and coparenting. Cindy Dumas states in the Newsweek article: “Mothers who are the primary nurturer of their children should retain primary custody.” These mothers want maternal sole custody. There are those that believe that these protective parents will do anything including commit an act of civil disobedience to gain custody. So in this case, the belief is that Faye Ku ha a license to forge a custody order.
- We are certain that these children will undergo Reunification Therapy receiving the best of the best treatment for the trauma inflicted on them from the kidnapping. The victim children have to have some form of Stockholm Syndrome. Unfortunately, there is very little research done in this area and these minor’s health records will be protected like it should be.
- We would like to see the media remove the photos of these children or at the very least blur out their faces now that they are recovered. I would seriously doubt these boys are interested the TV Talk Show Circuit like the Wolferts Sisters.