As we bring in the New Year 2019, we want to extend our hope for all parents that are searching for their kidnapped children. This would also include parents that have not yet been reunified with their kidnapped children and those that have been alienated from them. It is often said that one of the cruelest forms of child maltreatment is a family abduction as well as parental kidnapping is child abuse. In the protective parent cases that we have followed over the past several decades, the protective parent most often after being ordered by the family law judge to share custody — kidnaps their child(ren) and self-appoints themselves judge, jury and executioner.
In recent years with updated global security and passport systems and social media it was perceived that the protective parent movement was no longer active. Most counties rightfully respected venue and jurisdiction as we saw in the Kelly Rutherford and Sean Goldman cases. With the prosecution of Sandra Grazzini and her three co-conspirators and Angie Vu Case, parental kidnappers were finally being punished for their crimes.
But we still have a very long way to go. Here is a list of what we would like to see in 2019.
- Extradition of Parental Kidnappers from Other Countries — A proclaimed protective parent should be extradited if they flee a custody order after adjudicating the case. In cases we followed such as Joanne McDowell, she did not like the results of the Family Law Court Trial in North Carolina so she fled to Canada and received a completely different verdict. The Canadian Court should have transferred venue of the case back to the United States as the U.S. did in sending Kelly Rutherford’s case to Monaco.
- U.S. State Department — This department should take a stronger position with countries that allow U.S. Citizens to live illegally in those countries. Especially proclaimed protective parents that have ignored U.S. Family Law Court Orders.
- The Media — It is time for the global media to stop allowing agenda-based reporters to write bias and inflammatory stories of proclaimed protective mom that have kidnapped their children. And these reporters should NEVER interview the alienated children.
- Australia — This country needs new laws to protect and recover family abducted children. It can start by preventing patents like Dorothy Lee Barnett from profiting from a parental crime she plead guilty to. It also need to punish Australian Mum Cassie Watter to a maximum sentence for kidnapping her two daughters. She should never be allowed unsupervised vsitation.
- Child’s Health Records — No parent or third party should EVER put a child’s health record.
- Sandra Rucki – Dede Evavold — They need to quit blaming the Family Court and quit harassing people. They need to move on with their lives.
- Adult-Children Survivors — If they have not reunified with their left-behind parent it is time to do so. If they scammed money from their left-behind parent providing them hope of a reunification they need to show some compassionate and find a way to fix the situation.
- Law Enforcement — In the aftermath of the #metoo movement they must carefully investigate and allegations in a custody case and remind divorcing parents of the long-term impact of a false allegation.
- Protective Moms — Should refrain from self-diagnosing child abuse in a Family Law case.
- Family Law Allegations and CPS Allegations – Protective Parents should never label their former spouse as a child abuser unless the parent has been convicted in a criminal trial.
- Parental Alienation — In this new era of coparenting, parents should refrain from engaging in parental alienation.
- Federal Courts — Need to prosecute parents for U.S, Passport Fraud and related criminal acts.
- Family Court Reform — The protective parent movement agenda-based rhetoric that the Family Courts and Child Protective Services are not effectively serving the best interests of the children in this era of our legal system wrongfully discredits the many good judges and CPS workers with advanced degrees. This premise must not be tossed aside as a excuse to kidnap your children. There are always legal alternatives.
- Protective Parent Movement — These groups that promote committing acts of civil disobedience should not be given government funding.
- Celebrity — It’s time for a celebrity to speak out against both parental kidnapping and parental alienation. With so many contentious divorces in Hollywood, we are waiting for a celebrity to step forward and help with this cause.
- Recovery / Reunification — We want to see a recoveries, reunifications and many parental kidnappers plead guilty to Felony Child Concealment in 2019.
Happy New Year!