Here’s our list of parental kidnappers of 2014. During the year, all of these parental kidnappers were incarcerated or jailed for their crime. All of them kidnapped their children from the United States to another country and lived underground or in hiding. In 2015, each of these kidnappers will go on trial or be sentenced by a Federal Judge for their crime against an innocent child.
We would like to see each of them spend one day in jail for every day they kidnapped their child from their custodial former spouse. Parental Kidnapping is one of the most horrific crimes against a child and is one of the most severe forms of Domestic Violence. We applaud the efforts of the United States Department of Justice, International Law Enforcement Agencies and the Legal Systems and Local U.S. Law Enforcement for ensuring the criminal prosecution of these cases.
In 2015, we look forward to seeing convictions in these cases. We also want to see every searching parent in these cases reunified with their now adult-children. It’s time for these adult victim-children to be the responsible adult in these cases and send a clear message to their kidnapper. Their kidnapper had other legal options and should never had committed this outrageous crime.
2014 Major Events in Parental Kidnapping Cases
- November 24, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper, Dorothy Lee Barnett is denied bail.
- November 19, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper, Genevieve Kelley, Finally Arrested for kidnapping her 8 year old daughter 10 years ago.
- October 24, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper, Eileen Clark pleads guilty, admits to the court that she is guilty.
- October 2, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper, Dara Marie Llorens is arrested in Mexico after 12 years.
- September 30, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper Dorothy Lee Barnett Extradited from Australia, Finally Behind Bars in the USA.
- September 27, 2014 – Parental Kidnapper, Jacqueline Bontzolakes sent back to Federal Prison to finish serving an 18 Month sentence. In the end, she realizes that she didn’t exhaust her legal remedies before kidnapping her children. She says in post: “The appellate court didn’t find … that fact alone should have propelled me to take my children out of the country. Interesting…. Yet I move on in PEACE AND POWER…” Bontzolakes kidnapped her children to the Barbados.
- July 4, 204 – Parental Kidnapper, Eileen Clark extradited from the U.K.