She Falsely Accused Her Ex-Husband of Domestic Violence
Here’s what Kristin Ruggiero did:
- Lied to police, prosecutors and in court, all for the purpose of setting up her husband and it all started from a divorce and child custody case.
- Kristin was angry that her ex-husband wanted something to do with his children post-divorce, so she was falsely accusing him.
- “While Jeffrey Ruggiero was being investigated, his ex-wife called him at all hours and taunted him over the phone, according to court testimony. “She mocked him. She laughed at him. (She said) ‘I took all your money, I took your daughter and now I am going to take your career’,” Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said in court yesterday.
- She bought a cell phone in his name and started sending threatening messages from it to herself. She then went to police with “proof” that he’d violated the terms of his bail.
- Her ex-husband was convicted in April 2008 on this false information. In September 2010, a Superior Court judge vindicated the ex-husband by annulling his convictions.
On December 29, 2011, just hours after hearing her conviction for fabricating evidence against her ex-husband was upheld by the New Hampshire Supreme Court, 36-year old Kristin Ruggiero suffered a seizure and died at the Women’s Prison in Goffstown, New Hampshire. She began serving a 7 to 14 year sentence on August 19, 2010.