Family Abduction Cases are complex, especially when they are further complicated with allegations of abuse. With that said, rarely do these cases proceed with the best interests the family members involved. So here’s my advice to the Bunting, Maple and Baskin Family members as well as the local District Attorney involved:
1) Jennifer Bunting / Chrisi Maple — Support your grandfather only if he tells the absolute truth and testifies against any party that helped conceal him. Do not spend any of your hard earned money on his legal defense, that money should be for your future and the your brothers. Get psychological counseling immediatley from some of the top notch therapists that specialize in family abductions. There are several top therapists in the Bay Area. If you have the courage, you should be reunified with your biological parents and the therapist can help you with it.
2) Jonathan Bunting / Bobby Baskin — It is important that you keep an open mind regarding your parents. If you have your own children now, what a joy it would be to have them meet their grandparents. What happen to you was 20 years ago when our child abuse system was still in its infancy. Remember, at 7 years old you were the victim of a parental kidnapping or family abduction and the last thing you would want to to do as a young adult with a family is to not acknowledge that. You too should seek counseling.
3) Marvin Maple / John Bunting — At 72 years old, you will await a criminal trial with a prison term if convicted. The last thing you want to do is spend money for an attorney. If you really care about your children, you would plead guilty and testify against those that helped you and your wife 20 years ago. If it’s Faye Yager who helped you get phony identities and used her underground network such as allegedly Rosalyn Beasley in San Diego, then you need to provide law enforcement with that information. If you are looking for fame a fortune from this crime, then testifying against those that helped you is far better and more interesting than your story. I am certain there were legal alternatives before you fled and I certainly doubt that you exhausted them.
5) Tennessee District Attorney — You should not only seek parental kidnapping charges against Marvin Maple but prosecute those that aided and abetted in this crime. That has rarely or almost never been done before.
6) Mark and Debbie Baskin — As left-behind parents, you are the victims of this crime. I am sure having a future relationship with your children is your number one goal as well as seeing Marvin Maple prosecuted as well as any third party conspirators.